About the challenge
The Moscrif game development challenge invites game developers and mobile enthusiasts to create mobile game using the Moscrif SDK and to deploy it. The challenge’s objective is also to enable developers to keep on developing mobile games using Moscrif once the challenge is over.
You can work on your game alone or in a team. The theme, graphics and game difficulty are totally up to participant’s creativity, but remember that only the top games will be able to win amazing and useful prizes.
- 1st Place: $3,000 + Moscrif SDK Pro for 3yrs
- 2nd Place: $2,000 + Moscrif SDK Pro for 3yrs
- 3rd Place: Apple the new iPad + Moscrif SDK Pro for 2yrs
- 4th Place: Apple iPad 2 + Moscrif SDK Pro for 2yrs
- 5th Place: Samsung Galaxy Tab + Moscrif SDK Pro for 2yrs
- 6th – 10th: Moscrif SDK Pro for 2 yrs
- October 1st, 2012 Moscrif game development challenge announced.
- December 31st, 2012 Submission Deadline.
- January 15th, 2013 Winners announced!
Due to latest structural changes and high number of contest registrants,
the final deadline was postponed till the end of March 2013!
How to enter
- Create an account on Moscrif.com (http://moscrif.com/register) or log in (http://moscrif.com/login) with an existing Moscrif account.
- On the bottom part of this page, click I accept this challenge to indicate your interest in participating. This ensures you receive all the important updates regarding the challenge.
- Create a working game that runs on iOS or Android using Moscrif SDK.
- Confirm that you have read and agreed to the rules by submitting your game before the deadline (31st March 2013).
The challenge is global, so developers from all over the world can join and compete
- The participant must create a 2d game using Moscrif, solo or multiplayer. Be creative!
- The participant must submit the game developed using Moscrif.
- The game has to be deployed to App Store or Google Play before the deadline.*
- The game should be tested before hand. A failure to start will result in negative points.
- Any Adult or Offensive content is forbidden. The game should be kids friendly.
- Entries will be scored and prizes awarded by the Panel of judges who are excluded from participating.
*because deploying to App Store is a paid service you can deploy it on our behalf if you are not willing to pay the fee. Contact us for more information.
What will the judges consider?
The judges for the Challenge, a mix of individuals from Moscrif, included the CEO as well as other co-founders will judge the games according the following criteria:
- Concept creativity and originality – does the game introduce some great new idea?
- Overall user experience – is the game fun to play?
- Smooth gameplay – stutters, hiccups, game logic
- Other factors – graphics, sound, technical execution, ...
Every single game will be evaluated by the judges based on the above criteria and given a score rating from 1 to 5 for every criteria. The overall score will be the sum of all the partial scores.
The ten game developers with the highest scores will win a special prize.
If you have any other questions regarding the challenge, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The rules as well as other important factors of the challenge are the subject to change.
If you feel that the Free license is not enough for your game, please contact us about the options of receiving advanced license.